Profiles of Faculty and Research Scholars
Profiles of Faculty and Research Scholars List >
Facuity/Department > Graduate School of Integrated Arts and Sciences
* Japanese characters are garbled.
Current Research Themes
||Study of consevation and utilization of Ramsar wetlands
|Field: ||Human geography, Geography|
|Keywords:||Ramsar wetland, Nature consevation, Utilization of nature
||Compalative study on environmental movement in Japan and In Korea
|Field: ||Geography, Environmental influence evaluation/environment policy, Sociology|
|Keywords:||environmental movement, lamd reclamation, korea
||Study of rural resource management by the residents
|Field: ||Geography, Agricultural civil engineering/farm village planning studies, Environmental influence evaluation/environment policy|
|Keywords:||environmental management, civic participation, forest on the country side
||Study of regional planning in depopulated areas
|Field: ||Geography, Agricultural civil engineering/farm village planning studies|
|Keywords:||rural area study, regional planning
||Study of regional differences in environmental movements
|Field: ||Geography, Sociology, Environmental influence evaluation/environment policy|
|Keywords:||socil movement, regional differences, environmental conservation
Achievements except Papers and Books
Joint Research/Funded Research
||Joint Research on Local Resources in SETOUCHI Resion.|
||Joint Research on Local Cities and Revitalizing Hilly and Mountainous Areas in Japan|
Membership of Academic Societies
- Japanese association for environmental sociology
- The human geographical society of Japan
- Japanese association for water resources and environment
- Hiroshima Geographical Association
- Japan Ecomuseum Society
- The Association of Japanese Geographers
Papers: * Only English titles are listed here
**: Major papers
- **"Spatial Differences of Environmental Controversies and Alignment of Environmental Movement: Seamangum Tidelands Reclamation in Korea", GEOGRAPHICAL REVIEW OF JAPAN, 82, 4, pp.277-299, July 2009.
- **"Relationships between local environmental movements and the region: A case study of Lake kasumigaura", , 59, 4, pp.293-314, August 2007.
- **"Geographical Approach to Local Environmental Movements : A Case Study of the Nakaumi Land Reclamation Problem in Tottori and Shimane Prefectures", GEOGRAPHICAL REVIEW OF JAPAN, 75, 6, pp.443-456, May 2002.
- **"Spheres of The Local (JIMOTO) : The area concerned with local environmental problems through the case of the land reclamation project of Lake Nakaumi, San'in region, western Japan.", Journal of Environmental Sociology, 5, pp.166-182, November 1999.
- **"The Study of environmental Preservation Movements in the Area around Lake Nakaumi and Lake Shinji, Tottori and Shimane Prefecture", geographical sciences, 52, 1, pp.1-22, January 1997.
- "Residents and environmental conservationnof the Upo wetlands Ramsar site, Republic of Korea", E-Journal GEO, 8, 2, pp.223-241, November 2013.
- "Consevation and utilization of a Ramsar site Kabukuri-numa and surrounding rice paddies", 広島大学総合博物館研究報告, 4, pp.1-11, December 2012.
- "Conservation and utilization of Ramsar wetlands in Japan", 環境科学研究, 7, pp.79-104, December 2012.
- "Rethinking 'sustainable development' from the environmental controversies and thereafter on Shiwa and Saemangeum tideland reclamation in South Korea", 地理科学, 66, 4, pp.183-202, October 2011.
- "The balance of nature preservation and the use of sightseeing around ecotourism of Yakushima island", Review of Japanese Studies, 24, pp.21-44, March 2011.
- "Eutrophication of lake Taihu in China and post-response to the plague of algal bloom in 2007", E-journal GEO, 5, 2, pp.138-153, February 2011.
- "Lessons learned from evaluation of an eco-tour designed to support the conservation works for wild birds", 広島大学総合博物館研究報告, 2, pp.1-8, December 2010.
- "Sense of participation in environmental practices", Studies of Environmental Sciences, 5, pp.29-40, December 2010.
- "Living things as symbol in nature conservation movements", geographical sciences, 65, 3, pp.217-230, July 2010.
- "The relationship between type of voluntary activities in which people participate and motives for participation", ノンプロフィットレビュー, 10, 1, pp.1-11, June 2010.
- "Reintroduction project of the oriental white stork and tourism: a survey of the vositor's attitude", studies in enviromental sciences, 4, pp.35-50, December 2009.
- "Current state and the problems of community organization in Fukuyama city", Review of Japanese Studies, 22, pp.1-21, March 2009.
- "Feasibility study of an eco-tour designed to support the conservation work for wild birds", Studies of Environmental Sciences, 3, pp.17-39, December 2008.
- "Cost and benefit of participation in volunteer activities: an example of reaping reeds project to clean Lake Sanaru", 環境システム研究論集, 36, pp.483-489, October 2008.
- "Determinations of volunteering based on a theory of volunteer opportunity", 環境科学会誌, 21, 5, pp.391-402, September 2008.
- "Geography of environmental movement", E-Journal GEO, 3, 1, pp.18-24, March 2008.
- "Citizen's movements to protect the water environment: change and problems", Routledge Living Cities in Japan, pp.189-205, July 2007.
- "Landscape made by local environmental movements: from two cases about the movements around Lake Shinji and Nakaumi and Lake Kasumigaura", Studies of Environmental Sciences, 1, pp.19-38, December 2006.
- "Geographical study of environmental movements concerned with Japanese lakes", University of Tokyo, pp.179, October 2006.
- "Urban size and functions:an analysis of hotel location in regional cities, seen from the example of Higashihiroshima city", 地理科学, 60, 4, pp.281-301, October 2005.
- "A survey of public perception about environmental restoration of Luehdorfia Japonica's habitats after removing the TV tower on Mt. Ege", Review of Japanese Studies, 特集, 3, pp.73-84, October 2005.
- "Landscape of terracced fields as cultural property", Review of Japanese Studies, 特集, 3, pp.111-120, October 2005.
- "Some environmental issues caused by large-scale land reclamation projects", GEOGRAPHICAL REVIEW OF JAPAN, 78, 5, pp.71-75, April 2005.
- "Geographical perspectives in the study of environmental issues: from four cases about the environmental issues caused by wetland developments in Japan and Korea", Journal of Environmental Sociology, 10, pp.8-24, December 2004.
- "Environmental movements after the cancelled land reclamation project of Lake Nakaumi", GEOGRAPHICAL REVIEW OF JAPAN, 77, 5, pp.149-150, April 2004.
- "The Seto Inland Sea as a field of environmental education", GEOGRAPHICAL REVIEW OF JAPAN, 77, 5, pp.153-154, April 2004.
- "Cooperation of school, home and community based on the idea of Eco Museum: In the case of the lessons of life environment studies at Kuba elementary school", Hiroshima Journal of School Education, 10, pp.85-93, March 2004.
- "Situation and problems of citizen's movements to protect the water environment", The 10th International Conference of the European Association for Japanese Studies Book of Abstracts, pp.14-15, August 2003.
- "The situation of resource use for environmental education by municipalities around the Seto inland sea", Review of Japanese Studies, 特集, 2, pp.99-108, April 2003.
- "In search of geographical study of regional environmental movements through case studies", GEOGRAPHICAL REVIEW OF JAPAN, 76, 5, pp.406-407, April 2003.
- "Ecotourism in Miyajima Island, Hiroshima Prefecture", geographical sciences, 57, 3, pp.194-207, July 2002.
- "Participant Hands-on Activities and Ecomuseum : A Case of Shiwahori Collaborative Museum", Hiroshima Journal of School Education, 8, pp.43-48, February 2002.
- "The image of Miyajima as seen by its inhabitants", Review of Japanese Studies, 特集, 1, pp.89-97, March 2001.
- "A Survey of Geographical Studies in Japan, 1999", The Human Geography, 52, 3, pp.248-250, June 2000.
- "Ecotourizm for Environmental Movements", Review of Japanese Studies, 13, pp.1-19, November 1999.
- "Think Globally Act Locally", , pp.288-285, April 1999.
- "Woodland owners' vision and action in Higashi-hiroshima city - A case study in order to spread the forestry management activities by the residents", Studies in Area Culture, 24, pp.39-70, December 1998.
- "Trasition of Land Reclamation Project of Lake Nakaumi, Tottori and Shimane Prefecture: Problems of Regional development Planning", geographical sciences, 53, 4, pp.261-282, October 1998.
- "The image of the home region for the people who came from Hiroshima prefecture", HIROSHIMA-JIN(Hiroshima community reserch center), 54, pp.49-66, April 1997.
- "A Hypothesis of Growth Processes of Provincial City Regions", Review of Japanese Studies, 11, pp.1-19, March 1997.
- "Neighborhood Hovement for Environmental Conservation in the Area Around Lake Kasumigaura", GEOGRAPHICAL REVIEW OF JAPAN, 63, 4, pp.237-254, April 1990.
Books: * Only English titles are listed here
**: Major books
- "Social geographies of nature (Editor or Co-Editor)", 海青社, 315 pp., 2013.03.
Human/Environmental/Cultural Sciences, Graduate School of Integrated Arts and Sciences, Asano Toshihisa